Access to Broadband for All Canadians
Consumers Council of Canada favours:
- Access to broadband at minimum speeds and acceptable quality at affordable rates for all Canadians.
- Subsidies for low-income Canadians for broadband connections.
- Market delivery of broadband with the realization that the market cannot, alone, deliver sufficient connectivity without incentives and other assistance from government.
- Where the market cannot deliver broadband service even with government assistance, more direct government involvement will be required.
- “Net neutrality” to ensure the benefits of open, accessible Internet architecture to all Canadians.